Meet The Photographer
Deun Ivory is a black female photographer who’s work primarily captures women of color. She has had her work featured with brands like Black Girl in Om, Apple, Nike, and Glossier. Deun wanted to show how intentional her work was and created this workshop. In Atlanta, Deun launched her first workshop dedicated to teaching black women and women of color the art of iPhone photography.
The Art of Portraits
30 Women together gather into a Peerspace studio to create their own stories with the guidance of Deun. Her goal was to make sure each and every one of us left comfortable to carve out our own space. She as a black female photographer made it a safe space. Imagine a space for women of color to grow into their intentional living space through their own eyes.
Groups of women went to create a vision board. Next, they brainstormed and executed their vision by capturing each other. Thanks to the support of VSCO, all the women were gifted with a membership of VSCO X to powerfully edit our visions. The results were amazing.
Deun made the women feel comfortable in their own visions as they went to execute in new forms. We gave each other feedback and spread joy on how each of our photographs turned out. Deun made the women feel comfortable in their own visions. She wanted them to execute how they saw fit. The women gave each other intentional feedback and spread joy on how each of our photographs turned out.
Deun, thank you for sharing your passion with us. If you have the opportunity to attend an event with Deun, go and experience a moment of a lifetime.
- Sterling Jones is the Editor in Chief of The Beauté Study, where is responsible for leading the editorial calendar and creation of online educational content across all categories, brand partnerships, VIP concierge, agency-side of business, and online classes. Sterling loves to write and create engaging content about the power of beauty, cultural trends and lifestyle brands. She founded this platform in 2017 and organically grown into a trusted media platform with the support of a growing population of feminine women growing and defining in their beauty epiphanies. Under her leadership, the brand has worked with other brands in partnership like La Mer, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Mejuri, Follain, Cocokind Skincare, Moisture Love, Rein Beauty, Proven Skincare, The Beaute Culture Conference, QCNY Luxury Spa, Merit Beauty, and more. Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Sterling holds two undergraduate degrees in Art History and Business of Beauty and Fragrance, the perfect blend between cultural know-how. She can be found on all socials under @thesterlingstudy.
- LifestyleFebruary 9, 20243 Ways You Can Improve Your Body This Winter
- BeautyJanuary 29, 2024Sterling Jones Shares Her Best Beauty and Wellness Products of 2023
- BeautyJanuary 22, 2024How to Do My Makeup Better
- EmailsJanuary 12, 2024Step Into Alignment for the New Year | The Beauté Study | Newsletter