Fenty Beauty is the latest launch of Rihanna’s empire. Out of her businesses, this might be the best one yet. Rihanna and Kendo Brands (Marc Jacobs Beauty, BITE) have put the work in for two to three years to produce these amazing products and advocate for inclusion for women to find their shade. Out of their product line, Fenty Beauty created 40 shades (now 50 shades in 2020) for women of all shades.
Yes, there were 40 shades on the market before with Estee Lauder and Makeup Forever. But, how did Rihanna change the foundation game? It’s through the power of undertones. Fenty Beauty made it their mission to market to those who have difficulties finding the right undertone for their skin. From the darkest shade to the lightest, the brand stepped up for the needs and wants of the industry.
The first foundation, ProFil’tr Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, introduced to their line up is a soft matte formula. It is 100% cruelty-free. We tested the formula and we approved. The coverage is full and only takes two to three pumps to cover the face and upper neck. If you pair this with a hydrating moisturizer and primer, the formula does not get super dry on the skin.
They have really stepped the game up in the beauty world to the point where other companies are following suit. Also, the beauty company is 100% cruelty-free!
We are interested to see how Rihanna’s face products will live up to the shade range of the foundation. We love the concealer sticks, “Match Sticks” since they follow the foundation’s undertone matching team. The coverage is a good solid base if you prefer not to use foundation.
The highlighters are great for multi-use on your eyes, lipsticks, and cheeks. We recommend the Match Stick in the shade RUM for a nice pink-tan neutral color. If you like a brighter highlighter, we love the KILLWATT highlight in the shade HU$TA Baby.
Lipsticks are beautiful with pigmentation. The Mattemoiselle lipstick formula is a matte that applies creamy but, does not give you a dry feeling. It doesn’t transfer as much while you are drinking from a glass. The packaging is chich but, it does open easily in your bag.
We are ready to see what Rihanna does next for the Fenty Beauty launches. What are your favorite Fenty Beauty products?
- Sterling Jones is the Editor in Chief of The Beauté Study, where is responsible for leading the editorial calendar and creation of online educational content across all categories, brand partnerships, VIP concierge, agency-side of business, and online classes. Sterling loves to write and create engaging content about the power of beauty, cultural trends and lifestyle brands. She founded this platform in 2017 and organically grown into a trusted media platform with the support of a growing population of feminine women growing and defining in their beauty epiphanies. Under her leadership, the brand has worked with other brands in partnership like Mejuri, Follain, Cocokind Skincare, Moisture Love, Rein Beauty, Proven Skincare, The Beaute Culture Conference, QCNY Luxury Spa, Merit Beauty, and more. Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Sterling holds two undergraduate degrees in Art History and Business of Beauty and Fragrance, the perfect blend between cultural know-how. She can be found on all socials under @thesterlingstudy.
- BeautyDecember 1, 2023How to Develop Your Base of Beauty
- BeautyDecember 1, 2023Build Your 31 Days of Beauty
- BeautyJune 12, 2023Take Charge of Your Skin Health with JS Health Vitamins
- BeautyApril 11, 2023How the Upkeep App Founder Plans to Elevate The Medical Aesthetics Industry