As we are staying home, it’s now more important than ever to build a self-care routine at home.
Changing up your routine is important to keep yourself focused and less chaotic in your thoughts. Self-care is not just about aesthetics; it includes eating healthy, being active, and taking care of yourself mentally.
Want digital marketing tips and beauty insights? Find them in the Beauté Flow Newsletter. Sign up today.
Create a meal plan.
Meal planning sounds like a huge task. Trust me, you can start off with three favorite meals for the week. I like to mix and match key ingredients to make a couple of meals. It is good when you are on your laptop all day and you need to take a break to eat good food.
Next week, try adding a new ingredient to your favorite meal. Add a couple of spices to mix it up or plate it differently. The little things can make you more excited for the next.
Turn off your social media during specific times.
This is one of the best times to take a social media break. Sometimes too much news is a bad thing. It can show an increase in anxiety and stress. If you are feeling stressed, delete your social media network apps for the day. If you need to get in touch with others, go ahead and text or call them. Hearing their voice can smooth you much more than the news can.
If you want to take a social media break, check out this article on “Why Taking A Social Media Break Is Good for You.”
Set up mental health check-ins.
Today, ask yourself – are you feeling stressed out? And why? If you can get to the root of the problem of why you are feeling this way, it can help you understand what to do better. If you have insurance, check to see if virtual therapy is included during this pandemic. You can also check out meditation platforms like Insight Timer (free) and Headspace (free during the crisis).
Make a daily schedule.
Today, don’t stay in bed. Get up and get active in your home. Get dressed and act like you are going outside for the day. If you have access to an outdoor space, take the time to schedule your morning breakfast outside. Set up your breakfast, lunch, and dinner times. A schedule can help your mind keep track of days. If you are working during this crisis, make sure you set your boundaries with your employer now that you are at home. It is best to have a personal daily schedule for you and then a work schedule.
Keep up your appearance.
Yes, we previously talked about how self-care is not just about your looks. But, putting yourself through the routine of keeping your appearance ups can boost your confidence. I feel a little accomplished for the day when I make sure I consistently do my skincare routine. The secret pleasure of treating yourself is always a mood booster. Make a face mask, wash your hair, or give yourself a hair cut.
Make sure you take care of yourself during this pandemic. Trust your instincts and do the right thing to make sure you are okay. A little self-care doesn’t hurt anyone.
- Sterling Jones is the Editor in Chief of The Beauté Study, where is responsible for leading the editorial calendar and creation of online educational content across all categories, brand partnerships, VIP concierge, agency-side of business, and online classes. Sterling loves to write and create engaging content about the power of beauty, cultural trends and lifestyle brands. She founded this platform in 2017 and organically grown into a trusted media platform with the support of a growing population of feminine women growing and defining in their beauty epiphanies. Under her leadership, the brand has worked with other brands in partnership like Mejuri, Follain, Cocokind Skincare, Moisture Love, Rein Beauty, Proven Skincare, The Beaute Culture Conference, QCNY Luxury Spa, Merit Beauty, and more. Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Sterling holds two undergraduate degrees in Art History and Business of Beauty and Fragrance, the perfect blend between cultural know-how. She can be found on all socials under @thesterlingstudy.
- BeautyDecember 1, 2023How to Develop Your Base of Beauty
- BeautyDecember 1, 2023Build Your 31 Days of Beauty
- BeautyJune 12, 2023Take Charge of Your Skin Health with JS Health Vitamins
- BeautyApril 11, 2023How the Upkeep App Founder Plans to Elevate The Medical Aesthetics Industry