In order to have a good life, you must experience what it is like to live your own life. It may come a time where you need to set some boundaries. Boundaries can be a good way to make sure you are living life positivity and in a space of joy. While it may be at home or in your workspace, boundaries are always needed. Here are three ways to set boundaries for your mental health.
Take a Step Back
Breathe. You are here with us. It may seem overwhelming now but later it gets better. Take a moment to reflect on what you may need. You can those days off you have. Work will be there when you get back. Your mental health is more important. While reflecting, we love to meditate with Insight Timer and Headspace to centralize our thoughts.
Get a Reality Check
Life may not be as bad as it seems. Think and look around you for others who may have situations different than your own. Does it seem worse to you than your own situation? Reality is not filled with joy and happiness 24/7. Having that self-realization can help you understand that better.
If you are at work, set a boundary that you will not answer emails after a certain time. You can even set a boundary that you do not have to share your social media with your coworkers. Yes, it may be hard to find other people to connect with outside of work but, you need more friends outside of your coworkers.
Take Care of Your Health
You may have people counting on you. How can you achieve those tasks if you are putting yourself at the end of the list? Take those days off, go to the doctor, turn off your phone, and set your boundaries. You may want to create a self-care day just for you to treat yourself. It may include a solo lunch or dinner date.
You may need some help right now. Take the time to look around, understand what is going on, and make a plan for you. No one is going to take care of you the best as you.
- Sterling Jones is the Editor in Chief of The Beauté Study, where is responsible for leading the editorial calendar and creation of online educational content across all categories, brand partnerships, VIP concierge, agency-side of business, and online classes. Sterling loves to write and create engaging content about the power of beauty, cultural trends and lifestyle brands. She founded this platform in 2017 and organically grown into a trusted media platform with the support of a growing population of feminine women growing and defining in their beauty epiphanies. Under her leadership, the brand has worked with other brands in partnership like Mejuri, Follain, Cocokind Skincare, Moisture Love, Rein Beauty, Proven Skincare, The Beaute Culture Conference, QCNY Luxury Spa, Merit Beauty, and more. Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Sterling holds two undergraduate degrees in Art History and Business of Beauty and Fragrance, the perfect blend between cultural know-how. She can be found on all socials under @thesterlingstudy.
- BeautyDecember 1, 2023How to Develop Your Base of Beauty
- BeautyDecember 1, 2023Build Your 31 Days of Beauty
- BeautyJune 12, 2023Take Charge of Your Skin Health with JS Health Vitamins
- BeautyApril 11, 2023How the Upkeep App Founder Plans to Elevate The Medical Aesthetics Industry